Sunday, October 2, 2011

Grilling with your good pots....

My husband loves to grill.  I love to eat food that has been grilled.  However, one thing that I hate is when my husband uses my good stainless steel pots on his grill.  We have a side burner where you can cook beans or boil corn or whatever else you would like to cook.  And it is very nice during the hot summers to cook only on the grill without heating up the house.  But the BLACK soot marks on my pots are almost impossible to get off!

No, we don't have a dedicated set of pans for the grill.  That would take up precious storage space and it is hard to justify the expense when we only use the grill a couple of times each month. 

So yesterday Mr. B was going to grill some hot dogs and cook some baked beans.  I was not interested in spending fifteen minutes 'trying' to get the black marks off and I shared that with my husband.  My second oldest son said that he had read that if you rub the outside of the pot very well with soap, then the pot would be easy to clean.  So we decided to give  it a go.

Mr. B rubbed the outside of the pot very well with some of my homemade soap.  All of the way up the sides of the pot and the bottom of the pot.  Then he cooked our beans.  After lunch, he set out to clean the pot.  Yep!  Our son was right!  The pot cleaned right up with NO stress or major scrubbing! 

Wow!  I was really surprised and very thankful that I have a son that likes to read!

Happy Grilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment