Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Butter and Cream and Eggs...How is My Cholesterol??

My lipid panel results were also included in yesterday's allergy report, but I thought this warranted its own blog post because it was so cool!

I will preface this by saying I eat as much cream, butter, and eggs as I want...and I want them quite a bit. Many of my meals will have any or all of these ingredients. I eat minimal amounts of partially hydrogenated anything, and margarine IS NOT ALLOWED IN MY HOUSE. It doesn't cook well, and tastes nasty....more to follow about that in a little bit!

So...my lipid panel? My levels are great, thanks! All my 'bad cholesterols' were at great levels, but I do need to bring up my LDL a little, which I will with fish oil capsules. I had to get the no-burp ones...the other ones and I don't get along!

Butter, cream, eggs...these are good, God intended fats...not the enemies to be avoided! My grandmother's cholesterol levels were HORRIBLE several years ago, but she was also in the habit of eating...lots of margarine. She needed the arteries in her neck roto-rooted, and was a walking cholesterol mess even after they tried to manage her diet by avoiding oils. Any time a person is eating something that is so far away from its naturally occurring state that they wouldn't guess where it came from...its probably something to be avoided!

No comments:

Post a Comment