Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Stable

It's Christmas Eve.
Manger scenes abound.
I am a Christian, and do believe that Jesus was and is the king of this world, and that He was born in a stable.
A humble place. But I don't believe it was a terrible place. I am a homesteader, and I like the animal sheds we have. I like the animals, and the hay. Well, except for the allergy part.
I had a friend who is a pastor give his explanation of why Jesus was born in a stable, instead of a palace, where kings are normally born.
It is because...your average person is not allowed to enter a palace. We do not qualify.
But, anyone can enter a stable, if they aren't too proud and think themselves too good for it. It was yet another way God demonstrated that Jesus is available to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment