Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Shopping for ...Urine??

So, I was going shopping today, and asked each of the children if there was anything in particular that they would like me to purchase.
One child said "Gluten-free cake mix".
Another said "Peanut butter".
Third child said 'Doe deer urine. The in estrus kind."

Grocery shopping, mind you! I was going grocery shopping! But, when I was done I walked over to the store that might carry doe urine. Did they ever! So many choices. Did I want the aerosol? The little glass bottle? Or plastic urine-infused wafer looking things to hang in the trees in clever strategic locations? Perhaps I would want the wads of felt made for the bottom of boots, which can be soaked with urine to make a trail when one walks? Or did I want the little cloth that gets dragged behind the hunter as they walk?

Heaven help me, after staring at all the products for 20 minutes, I chose a little $10 bottle of doe in estrus urine. I was NOT asking for help from the guys behind the counter, thank-you-very-much! When I got home, I handed it to the third child and told him to stay out of the buck pen if he decided to put it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment