Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Beginning the Serum Allergy Shots

Ok…got my first shots this afternoon. Yes, plural…one in each arm. Not too bad, slight allergic reaction of a few itchy bumps on my belly. Will have to mention that to them, as that is how I react to penicillin…though with that its everywhere and extremely itchy. All in all, not too bad. The shots were given shallowly in the fleshy parts of my upper arms. The first one I hardly felt, the second one pinched and burned a little. I wore a t-shirt under my sweatshirt so I could pull off the outer shirt and they could get to my upper arms much easier.

I will have to go every week to get the serum shots for quite a while, and they will slowly increase the amount of serum in the shots. Only time will tell if they will work to desensitize me to the various airborne allergens which affect me!

No comments:

Post a Comment