Sunday, January 30, 2011

I Make Horse Calls: Book Review

I attended the Alabama Horse Fair earlier this month and while there, I met the author of the book, I Make Horse Calls, Marcia Thibeault, DVM.  She was working her booth selling the books that she has written.  After speaking with her about her books, I purchased the first book in her series:  I Make Horse Calls, Living a Dream With Horses.  She said many moms have purchased the book for their homeschooling children.  She also assured me that I would not have to worry about the language in the book, unlike other veterinarians that have written books.  And she was right!

This books is VERY informative without being dry.  Her heart is to teach about horse care and she succeeds, even with this book just like she did as a veterinarian.  She often uses common terminology and then educates one on the proper medical terminology.  She teaches about the importance of having a relationship with your veterinarian and the benefits of regular horse care.  She shares her real life experience of progressing to and through vet school.  And she does all of this while maintaining the reader's interest and being entertaining!  That equals one talented author!

So, do I recommend this book?  YES!  My thirteen year old son will be the next to read this book and then we will read it as a family read-a-loud.  More importantly, I'm looking forward to purchasing the next book in her series:  More Horse Calls A Dream Fulfilled

Once you read her book, share with me your favorite story.  I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment