Monday, January 24, 2011

Alabama Horse Fair

I went down to the Alabama Horse Fair this weekend.  It was another great horse fair with lots of great speakers, clinicians and VENDORS!  If you live within five or six hours or even 8 hours of Montgomery, Alabama, you should really consider attending next year!

I saw Amber Mathewson who owns Trouper.  Amber competed about 18 months ago in the  Extreme Mustang Makeover and that is where she first met Trouper.  She had 100 days to take this wild horse and train him to accept a saddle, rider and a variety of situations.  She did a wonderful job with Trouper who stole her heart and will stay with her forever! 

At the horse fair, Amber was representing Redmond, a salt company.  She has been using this all natural product for about six months and has really become a believer in the benefits of this product.  So much so, that she brought this product to the horse fair to share with everyone who will listen...which included me!  I have used Real Salt for my family for years; now I'm giving it to my animals!  I'm looking forward to seeing improved health as these animals consume what Yahweh created for them!  If you are interested in learning more, here is their website:  Redmond Natural Equine Salt & Minerals.  And while you are at it, join their facebook fan page and tell Amber that the Townsons referred you!

The other reason that I attended the horse fair is because I was very interested in another product:  EquiPride.  I'm a member of a trail riding Yahoo group and one of the members has spoken VERY highly of EquiLix.  Michele has been using this product for a couple of months now.  When she first put this product out for her six mares, they ate a good bit of it and the 125 pound tub lasted six weeks.  The second tub she put out has lasted those same six mares twelve weeks.  Wow!  Think of that!  She is ONLY feeding this product and hay:  THAT'S IT!  Nothing else and her older horse is GAINING weight during the winter months.  I found this INCREDIBLE!  And they have products for sheep, goats and cows...so you know I brought some of this home to see how our animals will respond.  I'm hoping that I will see a weight gain on our cows that are destined for our freezer.  I'll keep you posted.

A pleasant surprise was meeting Dr. Marcia Thibeault, DVM.  She has authored several books about real stories from her veterinarian practice.  I purchased I Make Horse Calls and am looking forward to reading it this week.  I'll let you know how I enjoy it in a couple of days.

Those were the highlights of my 'vendor' experience at the horse show.  Thank you for reading this blog and if you have any questions about these products, let me know.  I'll do my best to answer them for you.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment