Sunday, January 1, 2012

Starting out the New Year

It really is a good time to re-evaluate your life, goals and dreams.  I have been doing a good bit of that lately.  Without a doubt, 2012 will be a year of change for me and my family: change for the better!

I have 'written down' several goals.  From many things that I have learned, if you write your goals down, you have a greater probability of them coming true; so I wrote mine down.

I have 'written down' some dreams that I hope will come true this year in 2012.  I don't want to forget them and I want to do everything possible to make them come true.  I have 'stuck' them around where I will see them on a regular basis.  Not all over the house as an eye sore, but in strategic locations so I will see them.  You should consider thinking about your dreams and then right them down so you don't forget them.

We also reviewed our schedule today as a family.  We marked on the calendar our monthly club meetings which let us see clearly that we really will only have three nights to eat together.  By writing this down and seeing it on paper, this elevated the need to protect those few nights each week and not make plans to go elsewhere.  It also helped us see that one night a week we will need to higher a babysitter if we are going to keep the three youngest children on a schedule.  Yes, they could go the the HAM meeting with my husband and older two children, but then they would not get in bed until 9:30 pm.  That is one and half hours later than normal and that will effect what time they get up in the morning and how well they learn the next day.  It was clear that it would be a good investment to have a friend come over and watch them for a couple of hours to ensure that we stay on track.

The other benefit of writing down our schedule is the older boys can plan their day better too.  They know which day we will leave the farm and they can plan their homeschool day accordingly.  They know they need to be up on time or they will be doing homeschooling at night instead of participating in the family games or read aloud.

A schedule...a goal...a dream...they all work together.  Set your schedule today so you can reach your goals and make all of your dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment