Thursday, January 5, 2012

January Freeze Story

I can't complaint too much about our January so far. We have had a few really cold days, but all in all so far its been pretty mild!
When I lived in Maine, it was different, though. We were newly married, and had just gotten our first puppy. Not too long after getting her, we spent the night in my husband's family cottage across the bay from Bar Harbor. That night it was COLD. There was a small woodstove for heat, and that was all...it was still pretty cold inside. The puppy was too young to be fully potty trained, and with how cold it was outside, I can't say I blamed her for making a little puddle on the floor. I walked to the kitchen to get a paper towel to wipe it up, only to find that what I actually needed was a shovel, because the puddle had frozen solid on the floor in less than thirty seconds! Did I mention it was cold that day?

No comments:

Post a Comment