Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Well is FROZEN!

It happens each year...okay, it happens several times a year...the pipes from the well freeze leaving us with no water in the house. 

I did my very best to prevent that from happening!  Honest, I did!  I ran the dishwasher before I went to bed and then at 3:30 am, I put a couple of items in the dishwasher that I found and ran it from 4:30 to 6:30 am just to have the water going.  But by 8:00 am, we had no water.

Normally we wait and wait and wait for the solar power (sun) to thaw the pipes out but that can be as late as 10:30 am and today, well, I have to be at work by 1:00 pm.  So I looked at my husband and said, "I need water!"  Then I smiled. 

Amazingly, we had water in about five minutes!  Now that is a first!  We have only lived on the farm for 20 years and it normally is a LONG wait.  I really was not expecting water 'quickly'.  How did he solve the problem?  He hit the metal pipes with a blow torch.  He said he was 'gentle' with the pipes and slowly warmed them.  Now this idea I like!  Thanks honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment