Sunday, February 3, 2013

Children Learning to Cook

Making bread seems to be an art.  Many people struggle with this and often they will try and solve the problem by purchasing a bread machine.  In our home, we mill our wheat berries into flour and then make our bread.  I have often had my sons help me with making bread, but they don't often make bread from the start to the finish without any help from mom.  However, this past Friday, my oldest made three of the best loaves that we have had in a LONG time!  I think he has challenged my bread making skills!

He said that he did not knead the bread like I do, but that he "mixed" everything together and mixed...and mixed...then shaped the loaves; let them rise and then baked.  I honestly am not sure what he did; but what ever it was: WORKED!  I'm thankful that I have sons that are not afraid of the kitchen and are willing to try new recipes! 

And tonight, I will be thankful again as my 11 year old son is making a pecan pie for dessert.  And yes, it will be completely from scratch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment