Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Flat Surface Stovetop

Many friends told me that you can't 'can' with a flat surface stovetop:  they are wrong.  There are some that are designed to handle such a task and if you shop, you can find them.  No, not every flat surface stove top can handle that task, but mine can and does.  In fact, I have had two pressure canners going at once on my stove top with no problem.  I just put up 21 quarts of cucumbers this past week and it was a snap. 

While I was canning, I did have some water boil over which does create a bit of a mess and I am faithful about using the polisher to keep my stove top clean; however, this time around, my bottle of polisher was EMPTY!  So I decided to try some thing different and it worked!  Yep, plain ole baking soda cleaned my stovetop without scratching and with no problem!  I was so excited!  Do you know how much money I can save now by using baking soda on my stovetop instead of the 'special' polisher?  Yep, that means more money for animal feed or garden seed:  either way, I WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment